Thursday 8 December 2011

Evaluation Question 4 - 'How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?'

I have used different media technologies to help with my production and enhance the quality of the ancillary tasks i did. In the practical stages of the production i used a camcorder, the Sony DCR-SR58, and a digital camera, the Samsung ES15, to capture images and pictures for my video.

I used software  like Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my production on a Mac computer and a HP laptop. I used Premiere Pro CS4 on the Mac and a trial version of Premiere Pro CS5 on the HP laptop.


I used Premiere Pro to edit my video and used it for effects such as some color correction and brightness and contrast.

Adobe Photoshop was also used to create the 4-panel digipak and the rough drafts of it. It was also used to make the magazine advert look as professional as possible. I worked with the pictures taken by the Samsung digital camera on Photoshop to create both the digipak and magazine advert.

  Web 2.0 made a huge difference for y production especially the research stages of it. I used the popular website Youtube to research a number of different music videos and deconstruct them, via use of the Goodwin theory, to help me shape my own music video.
I also used the website Prezi when doing my research on music videos and directors. Prezi was used to display the research i had done. Websites such as youtube can also be used to increase an audience from local to worldwide in an instant which can be extremely useful for feedback. Facebook is another example of a website which this is good for as you can just post up your video and the audience can post feedback on their own time and leisure.

Microsoft Word was used to annotate the lyrics and show the people who were helping me what we were filming that day and what the lyrics were of the verses we were recording. The digital camera was used to take pictures of the props and locations that we were planning to use. This would help in organizing our shoot and help us with the production.

Overall i have used a wide array of media technology which has increased the quality of my production. It has helped in a number of ways during all the stages of production making it easier to organize myself and the people who helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment