Wednesday 5 October 2011

Madness-Lovestruck: Target Audience

The target audience for this song would most likely be 15-25 year olds. The lyrics of the song are rather amusing and at some points quite random. It makes for a comical song which could amuse people of the target population.


'Oh, involve me in libation, stick a rock in my foundation,
I pick all my relations, put me on probation - oh I'll take you down,
For one last round.'



This verse of the song is a mixture of both amusing and a little random as it goes from one aspect to another in a matter of a few lines. Although it does have some reference to the meaning of the song. 
The chorus is also very random albeit having a meaning to the context of the song. The first lines are;

'Oh, Lovestruck, I've fallen for a lamppost, 

Giving her my utmost, spilling out my deepest feelings.'

A secondary audience could quite possibly be an older audience, ages 30+. This is due to the fact that the band 'Madness' has been around for some time - they were formed in 1976. Fans of 'Madness' from the early years would most likely be attracted to them. Older audiences could also enjoy the song since it explains a drunken night and the hangover the morning after. The lyrics might not directly state the fact but the visuals represent a person and his friends being drunk and acting not like their usual selves under the influence of alcohol.
Crying, topless man in rain....pretty self-explanatory
if not....then use your imagination




Image shows a staggering man holding what looks like
an empty bottle of something that most likely contained
alcohol - i like this shot


No comments:

Post a Comment